If you answer "yes" to all of the following questions, your children may qualify for benefits under the Migrant Program:
- Did the child move within the past 36 months?
- Was the move over 20 miles from home, or across school district lines?
- Did the child spend at least seven nights away from home on their moves over the course of a year?
- Was the purpose of the move for the child or guardian to obtain work that was both seasonal/temporary AND fishing or berry-picking related?
- Was the work an important part of providing a living for the worker and his/her family?
If you feel that your child qualifies for the Migrant Program based on your answers to these questions, or would like more information about the program and the benefits that are offered, please contact Sonia Padgett, YKSD Migrant Records Manager, at (907) 374-9434 or firstname.lastname@example.org