How many Career Pathways are there?
The Yukon-Koyukuk School District has four Career Pathways:
• Service Careers
• STEM – Computer Science What is the purpose of the Career Pathways?
Career Pathways allow students to prepare for a future career in a specific area. Being part of a career pathway allows students to gain:
• Skills and knowledge relating to a specific career area
• High School Credit
• College Credit
• Industry Certifications
• Work-based learning opportunities including job shadows, internships, and work experience
• Career-related student club membership
• First priority to camps, academies, and extracurricular activities relating to a career pathway
• Career Pathway graduation honors
What is Career Pathways Honors?
Students who complete two or more credits in one Career Pathway will be honored at graduation by graduating with Career Pathway Honors!
How do I sign up to be part of a Career Pathway?
There is no need to sign up to be part of a Career Pathway. Students transcripts will be evaluated each year and those who have earned 1 or more credits in a pathway will be notified of participation in that pathway.