The Yukon-Koyukuk School District (YKSD) is seeking proposals from experienced construction training instructors with master-level expertise, particularly those with a background in working with high school students. We are requesting one or more five-day intensive workshops to be offered at 1 to 10 of our remote schools. The workshops will focus on providing instruction in basic shop use and fundamental carpentry skills.
- Instructor Qualifications: The proposed instructor should possess master-level experience in construction and demonstrate a proven ability to effectively engage and instruct high school students.
- Workshop Duration: Each workshop should span five consecutive days, ensuring comprehensive instruction and hands-on learning opportunities.
- Target Audience: The workshops will target high school students, providing them with practical knowledge and skills related to basic shop use and carpentry.
- Basic Shop Use: The curriculum should cover essential safety protocols, tool identification, proper tool usage, and shop organization. Students should gain a solid foundation in operating various tools and equipment commonly used in a workshop.
- Fundamental Carpentry Skills: The workshops should introduce students to basic carpentry skills, including measuring, cutting, joining, framing, and finishing techniques. Emphasis should be placed on safety practices, construction principles, and hands-on practice.
Interested instructors are invited to submit their proposals to the Yukon-Koyukuk School District. Proposals should include the following information:
- Overview of the proposed workshop(s), including the structure, objectives, and methodology.
- Qualifications and experience of the instructor, highlighting expertise in construction and working with high school students.
- Cost for each workshop, including all necessary training materials, tools, and equipment listed as a per student cost.
- Ability to provide workshops at 1 to 10 remote schools, specifying any requirements or considerations for each location.
- Any additional relevant information or supporting materials.
Please Contact YKSD's CTE Department for Additional Information
Thomas Hall - CTE Director
Proposals will be evaluated on past vendor performance as well as capacity for continued training.
Proposals will be reviewed weekly and multiple vendors may be selected based on demand from families.
Send proposals to email@example.com
Equal Employment Opportunity: The Contractor agrees to abide by any “Equal Employment Opportunity” state or federal laws, which may apply to this Agreement.
This CHOICES, Interior Connect, CAREERS, and CAREERS II projects are supported by the Alaska Native Education (program) of the U.S. Department of Education, as part of an award. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by ANE, the U.S. Department of Education, or the U.S. Government. For more information, please visit www.eed.gov.