CAREER FLYIN 2020
Yukon-Koyukuk School District’s
WHAT IS THE YKSD CAREER FLY-IN?
Students in 10th thru 12th grade from across the Yukon-Koyukuk School District will gather in Fairbanks for 5 days on April 6-10, 2020 (travel 4/6&10). Students will learn about a variety of career pathways through interactive field trips and job tours. Students will build upon their Career Portfolio. Students will learn valuable life and employability skills, such as budgeting, time management, teamwork, and problem solving.
WHO MAY PARTICIPATE?
Students in 10th thru 12th grade from YSKD and Raven Home School.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- Learn about a variety of careers & post-secondary options
- Make new friends
- Build independent living and social skills
- Learn employability skills
- Have lots of FUN!
DOES THIS OPPORTUNITY COST ANY MONEY?
Tuition, room, and board are paid by the school district.
HOW ARE APPLICANTS SELECTED?
- On track for graduation
- Grades are a 2.0 GPA or above
- School Attendance
- School & Community Behavior
- Teacher, Counselor, and/or Principal Recommendations
- Personal Narrative
- Completeness of Application
- Other offerings and previous event participation
The selection rubric will be provided upon request.
WHEN IS THE REGISTRATION/APPLICATION DUE? Career Flyin Application 2020
The application deadline is Friday, Feb. 28, 2020 by 4pm. Return completed applications to email@example.com.
Please contact Patty Woody, YKSD CTE Coordinator at 907-374-9435, firstname.lastname@example.org or
Bob Hawkins, CTE Specialist, 907-374-9496, email@example.com